3322 Rubin Drive
Discreetly tucked away at the end of a cul-de-sac, 3322 Rubin Drive is a hidden gem ready to be discovered. Through a gated entry, the arched door opens to a secret garden oasis filled with a lovely array of Penstemon, Roses, Foxgloves, Hydrangea, and flowering Magnolia. A pretty brick pathway leads to an inviting front porch where one can relax and enjoy the colors & fragrance of this English cottage garden. Once inside, it can still be enjoyed from the large picture window in the living room. As the climate shifts to more inclement weather, a handsome wood-burning fireplace awaits. Framed by built-in shelves and lower cabinets, there is plenty of space to showcase or store collectibles. A lovely archway separates this room from the dining room where one is immediately greeted with Emeryville/Berkeley Marina & bay views. There are also French doors opening to a level-out deck for after-dinner stargazing. Whether preparing a quick snack or a more elaborate faire, the kitchen is efficiently laid out, updated, yet retains some of its midcentury charm. With doors leading to the expansive deck connecting the breakfast and adjacent family rooms, the flow from one room to the other provides exceptional indoor-outdoor living and entertaining venues. One can dine on fresh garden produce from the nearby garden off the patio while enjoying verdant views which the Oakland hills are known for. To complete the backyard, the 2-car detached garage has an added surprise. With a separate entry, plenty of cabinets, laundry hookups, back garden views, and a full bath nearby, the bonus room offers many possibilities.
While the outdoor spaces are so appealing, the interior spaces are just as inviting. Two sunny bedrooms with sizable closets are on either end of the main hallway separated by a luxurious hall bath. The bath has been beautifully renovated with a handsome floating custom-built vanity, dual sink, oversized glass-enclosed shower with an adjustable height showerhead, and a separate bathtub. The stone chosen for the countertops, floor, shower, and wrapped tub enclosure beautifully ties all these components together and adds both visual warmth and richness to this stunning bath. Similar materials were selected for the half bath located off the third bedroom which is currently used as a family room. Here one will find 2 closets with organizers and an office nook with its own closet for storage.
While it is tempting just to stay at home in this lovely setting, this home’s location couldn’t be more convenient. You are minutes from Redwood Regional & Joaquin Miller parks where one can find a playground, dog park, Woodminster Amphitheatre, recreation center, and a number of bike & hiking trails for the outdoor enthusiasts. For commuters, Joaquin Miller is a 4-lane road lending quick access to Highway 13, public transportation, and one exit away from Montclair Village's wonderful restaurants and boutique stores.
3322 Rubin Drive is perfect for those who appreciate privacy, one-level living with convenient indoor-outdoor access, a tranquil respite to recharge amongst a prolific garden & woodland backdrop, and yearns for easy access to outdoor activities, vibrant retail, & commuting options. Without a doubt, a special house to call home.
- Private cul-de-sac location
- One-level living with exceptional indoor-outdoor entertaining venues
- Generous living room w/picture window & handsome wood-burning fireplace
- Emeryville/Berkeley Marina & bay views from dining, kitchen, & breakfast rooms.
- Updated kitchen featuring stainless steel Jenn-Air 4-burner gas & oven, Miele dishwasher, GE Profile microwave, side-by-side GE refrigerator with water dispenser & ice maker, Groehe faucet, & granite counter tops.
- Flexible floorplan-Public records shows this home as a 3BR/2BA. The main house offers 3BR/1.5BA (3rd BR currently staged as family room; Bonus room/1BA off the detached 2-car garage. (Permit history unknown)
- Luxurious baths in the main house-Floating custom-built vanity, dual sink, glass-enclosed shower w/adjustable height shower head, separate soaking tub, incorporated beautifully w/stone slab & tile in the main bath. Half bath boasts similar materials.
- Dramatic lighting for ambience with recessed lights throughout
- Many dual-pane windows
- French & sliding doors open to the front & back gardens for intimate dining or large gatherings
- Ample storage throughout the house with many walk-in & deep closets with organizers.
- Solar panels
- Low-voltage garden lights; convenient drip system on automatic timers
- Security alarm with cameras
- Upgraded electrical service panel-2007
- Long driveway for off-street parking
- Sewer compliant
- Minutes to Joaquin Miller & Redwood Regional parks, Montclair Village; Easy access to Hwy 13 & bus transportation
We received 6 offers on this lovely home!